- Do not use a conditioner or treatment prior to applying Pulp Riot
- If pre-lightening the hair, make sure to completely shampoo out bleach or toner.
- Do not mix Pulp Riot with a developer.
- Apply Pulp Riot to clean, dry hair.
- Saturation is key. Working with 1/2 inch sections makes saturation easy.
- Leave on the hair for 25 to 40 minutes, without heat.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water. No shampoo. Conditioner on ends optional.
To Avoid Bleeding:
- Rinse with cool water.
- Use high water pressure.
- If a dark color is used next to a light color, have an assistant hold hair with one of the colors outside the bowl when rinsing the other color.
After Care Instructions:
- Do not wash for the first 2 days after application.
- Wash with sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner every few days or use a dry shampoo.
- Shampoo the scalp area only and let the shampoo rinse through the rest of the hair.
- Prolonged exposure to chlorinated water or well water will shorten the color cycle.
- While Pulp Riot can be used on hair that is level 7 and above, the lighter the hair, the brighter the results.
- For best results, we recommend lightening the hair to: -level 7+ for Noir, Nightfall, Absinthe, Fireball, Cupid, Velvet, Aquatic, and Jam. -level 9+ for Blush, Powder, Smoke, Lilac, Mercury, Lemon, and Sea Glass.
Silver, Charcoal, Black:
- The base color of silver, charcoal, and black should be taken into consideration when mixing them with other colors.
- Mercury is silver, it has a violet base.
- Smoke is charcoal grey, it has a blue base.
- Noir is black, it has a blue base.
- If Noir is used directly next to a light color, care should be used when rising to avoid bleeding since two high contrast colors are used directly next to each other.